Posted by mucking fusser On February 11, 2013
1) For this Valentines day water marble you will need Juleps base coat, Lauren, Eileen & Juleps new polymer top coat. Also some toothpicks, a small plastic cup with room temperature filtered water, masking tape & a thicker stick to pick up excess polish.
2) Apply a base coat of Eileen & let that dry. Rip off a piece of short masking tape to wrap around your finger near the base of the nail.
3) Rip off a longer piece of masking tape to wrap around the sides and top of your finger (fingers can be wrapped individually or all at once)
4.) Open the polishes and begin to drop one color after another into the water.
5) Allow the polishes to spread on the surface of the water as you drop each polish.
6) 3-4 rounds of drops should achieve the desired bull eyes shape.
7.) Next drag from the center out with a toothpick.
8.) Do the same from the middle to the other side.
9, 10, 11,12) Next begin to drag the toothpick from side to side, anchoring the polish on the sides of the cup.
13) Find the best looking design in the cup and rotate it if need be. Then gently dip your nail onto the surface and into the water leaving it submerged.
14) With a toothpick or thicker stick, pick up the excess polish that is on top of the water so that your design is not ruined.
15) Slowly take out your finger to prevent air bubbles and CAREFULLY take the tape off.
16) Clean up around the cuticles and let dry for at least 15 minutes. Then apply Juleps polymer top coat & Voila!