Life has been super busy after getting all this new stuff from my mom moving to Hawaii, buy hey I see myself moving on up in the world and Lyle is doing great, my kitty cat we brought back home, so that feels great!
So today I am fortunate enough to bring you this post for piCture pOlishes Blog Fest. For this year over 180 bloggers were chosen to create some awesome art with three piCture pOlish shades and create tutorials to go along with them. They went with the motto of “the year of the blogger” I liked the sound of that. One of the shades I was provided with was Ariel’s Tale, aqua green hexes and mircoglitters galore! I really love it layered over Aengland’s Camelot, my favorite black.
Now the other two shades I got where Focus and Cosmos, both shimmery beauties. At first I was kind of stumped on what I wanted to create using these three shades but then I got totally inspired by Cosmos. I had never really tried doing “galaxy” or what I like to call Nebula nails before so I knew it was time to try it out. When I finished I instantly fell in love with the subtle mesh of colors I achieved. Using white as my nebula base and then mixing both Focus and Cosmos together I got this awesome shade in between the blue of Cosmos and the pink of Focus; an awesome purple hybrid sort of shade. Even my photos taken outside couldn’t do this manicure justice. The colors together were just so banging. When I went out in the sun the glitters in Ariel’s Tale reflected onto my skin just like mermaid scales or shinning stars, it was wicked cool!
Here is a photo from inside. You can really see how bright the nebula looks. I also stuck some glitters from Ariel’s Tale onto the nebula to act as more stars. I can see lots more Nebula’s in my future whether they be on my nails or in the sky!
And now it’s tutorial time! On top of these three picture polish shades you will also need your favorite black and white polish. You will also need some pieces of a makeup sponge, tweezers and a surface to dab your polish, I used one of my marbling cups.
1) Paint your nails black and wait for them to dry. Then paint your nails with two coats of Ariel’s Tale and let that dry for 20 minutes or so.
2) Dab some white polish onto your surface.
3) With your tweezer pick up a piece of makeup sponge and dab it onto the white polish. Dab this gently onto a paper towel to rid of excess white polish.
4) Now begin to dab the sponge onto your nail in a diagonal line. You can go back over it again if you feel that you need more white.
5) Next you are going to want to mix both Focus and Cosmos to create that different purple shade I mentioned before. Simply dab a drop of both polishes on top of one another.
6) Mix this with an orange stick or a toothpick till you see a color change.
7) Dab a clean sponge onto this new color and then dab it on top of the white. Leave some white visible so the effect can pop more.
8) Next dab some cosmos onto your surface. Again with a new sponge dab some cosmos onto it and then dab it onto your nails.
9 & 10) Here I just wanted to show how to dab on to another surface getting rid of some of that excess polish. Also this shows how many different blobs I have created. I am now ending with Focus to create some nice accents overtop of the purple and blue shades
11) Dab some focus onto your nails but do this shade a little less then the others.
12) Now clean up around your nail with a q-tip and a cleanup brush.
13 & 14) I also decided to add some glitter from ariels tale onto the nebula for just a little more of an effect. I used a really small dotting tool to do so.
Top it all off with your favorite top coat, mine is Glossy Glam by Justricarda, and you are good to go! Really not too hard for such a beautiful outcome.
Here is another version of a tutorial just to clarify things. If you have any questions or concerns please bring them to my attention in the comments below or on my Instagram and Facebook pages!
1 x Award – as voted by piCture pOlish friends and fans
1 x Award – as voted by all participants of Blog Fest 2013
1 x Award – as voted by Jules & Megs of piCture pOlish
Glad I was able to be a part of this years Blog Fest. Don’t forget to check out all the other designs.
If you’d like to purchase these piCture pOlish shades or any others then you should know they sell and ship their products to the U.S. and many other countries thru their website located HERE. You can also purchase piCture pOlish shades thru a multiple of other shops located at this LINK where the shipping might be more to your liking, depending on your location of course.
Check out piCture pOlish thru these social media outlets: